.

Yay for Progressive Christians!


It has been very encouraging over the years to see various Christian denominations undertake the difficult and often divisive work of affirming and embracing a new understanding of GLBTQ people. Here in Canada, the United Church and the Anglicans have led the way in this regard. Now, I have not been a believing or practising Christian for 35 years so personally I don't have a dog in this fight, so to speak, but I do understand what a profound journey it has been for these Christian churches to revise their views on human sexuality.

So if some of my funnies this month satirize narrow-minded and bigoted Christians, I am well aware that many other Christians exist who are allies of our community and who actively work for love, justice and inclusion. I salute them!